Sunday, August 15, 2010

Thinking Of You...

This was originally going to be a sketch challenge, BUT ended up just being a card for a friend. I love the DP from My Mind's Eye, so the card was kinda built around it. The greyish-blue is such a gorgeous color....I have noticed several of my cards recently are blue. Guess I need to break out another color family...LOL!
My friend Cindy told me this card qualifies for a couple of challenges this week, which are BOTH Tree-mendous! Those would be the challenges at Cute Card Thursday and Daring Cardmakers. Please stop by and check them both out!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I start back to work tomorrow....yes, summer is offically over when the kid's and lunch ladies go back to school...LOL! Have a FABBY week, and see you SOON!

Rubber Hugs,
Julie

8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Julie,
This is a beautiful card. I lov ethe papers and the simple layout, the image is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lynda said...

Your card is so lovely and that is one beautiful tree. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Christine said...

great card!
thanks for playing with us at CCT
christine

Lythan said...

that is a most beautiful card that will mean a lot to the recipiant. Thanks for joining in with DCM this week :)

Kathy said...

What a beautiful image that is. You're right, that shade of blue is indeed lovely
Your card is just perfect forThe Daring Cardmakers'
Tree-mendous theme this week

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great card Julie, love that blue shade, and the way you shaded the trunk of the tree with the two colors.
Cindy

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Kim

handcraftedgreetings said...

This is so pretty! I go through color phases as well.