Friday, August 28, 2009

A Stamptacular Challenge


I am home with the flu again today, so I got to do some stamping! I do not recommend the flu for a day off work, though..LOL!
Today I made my card for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #21. The challenge was to use 3D on your card, and of course, stamping. I went to my all time favorite SU set, Best Blossoms. I will NEVER part with this set...I can do anything and everything with it! I made it a 5 x 5 card because I am really liking how I can arrange things on the square lately! This was very simply layered with white Cuttlebugged panels and Pretty In Pink cardstock. The flowers were stamped on a white panel along with the leaves, and then stamped again on another piece of white and cut out. I laid the cut outs over the stamped images and then added stickles to the flower centers. This was really as quickly made card, but it has lots of dimension. I didn't need it for any particular reason, so I left the sentiment off, but when I use it, I will place a sentiment below the flower panel.
I hope you are all having a wonderful Friday! I am off to take a little happy nappy, and then make some more challenge cards! Please be sure to sign up for my Blogoversary Candy! Thanks so much for stopping by...see you soon!
Rubber Hugs,
Julie

7 comments:

Barb said...

This is just beautiful, very elegant.

Liza said...

A beautiful card, the flowers are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Paula said...

Stunning card, the embossing, the flowers...simply stunning! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful! I love the combined embossed backgrounds! Such a nice touch!
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week!
Dee

Anonymous said...

Cute card ;0)
Thanks for joining us at SSC

Janneke X

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Hope you had a happy nappy! ☺

ikki said...

Great embossing folders and I like the colour you have used. Good layout. ikki