Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Polished Magnolia


This is a Polished Stone Background Card that I made for a swap. One of my partners is a very special friend, so I wanted a special card.
First I did the BG with Pretty In Pink, Old Olive and Certainly Celery. I love how it turned out with the greens more muted and the pink POP!
I had yet to ink up this Tilda, other than to send images, so I wanted to use her. She is such a cutie-patootie and I just LOVE any Tilda with wings! I colored her with watercolors, glittered her wings, and cut her with my scalloped circle Nesties. Then sponged the scallops with Old Olive. Next I cut the Old Olive and Pretty In Pink CS with the Lables 3 Nesties. Oh goodness, I want ALL the Lables Nesties....maybe someday. I just layered everything and added the gorgeous paper rosebuds and leaves, and voila....it was done. She got the card today and liked it, so that makes me totally HAPPY!
It has been a HORRIBLE week at work! I will get used to it...soon I hope. I have NO energy to even put rubber to ink this week...and I miss it!
Oh we got GREAT news! My mother has been contacted by the University of Iowa to participate in a Clinical Study for patients with severe Emphezema. I hope she gets the real thing and not the placebo, but if she does, after 6 months, they will offer her another option. It is called an IBV Valve Trial. It is really COOL so please say a prayer for her....
Thanks so much for stopping by! I will have some new things this weekend, I promise! ALSO, next week is my Blogoversary, so there will be candy SOON!! Have a great day tomorrow!
Rubber Hugs,
Julie