Saturday, March 28, 2009

I LOVE Charlie Horse!!


And the new Charlie Daisy is NO EXCEPTION!! I got him last week, and couldn't wait to ink him up!! Yesterday on my blog hop, I stopped by
Lori's Blog , just like every other day! She had a post announcing the April Guest Designer Challenge!! The challenge was to use PURPLE....go FIGURE, one of my FAVORITE colors!!
So out came my sweet little Charlie Daisy set....isn't he too cute with that butterfly on his little nose? Clear Dollar Stamps has an entire line of adorable Charlie stamps...be sure to go check them out!! I am addicted!
My friend, Cindy, has been doing some gorgeous stitched cards, so I wanted to do some on my Charlie card. I love the oval frame, so that is what I chose. Stitched it in purple...then stamped the scene inside with StazOn. I watercolored Charlie and the flowers, then sponged the sky. The background is a little flower stamp that comes with the set...perfect, eh? I added the little gems to give Charlie some BLING...hehehe.
Well, I have yet another "bright" idea I wanna do with my CDS stamps and some purple. It is snowing here today, can you beleive that?? See you later...
Rubber Hugs,
Julie

7 comments:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

He is just so adorable, I love him.
Great work Julie
Cindy

Helen said...

Cute card - love the image!

Thanks for linking to my candy - good luck!

Helen x

Heather P. said...

This is so totally adorable!

Barb said...

Wowzers, great card, love all that you did.

Nicki said...

A really pretty card Julie, love your stitching.

peggysue said...

That stitching is just the cutest! I really like the DP and your coloring. And how funny, my DH and I are talking about moving to NW Arkansas in about a year! Then there will be a talented stamper nearby. :)

Laurie Wilson said...

How stinking CUTE! Like the sstamped background and coloring those daisies purple!