Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chilly Wednesday...again






Ok, so Spring ISN'T in the air, but it is in my craft room!! I am so ready for sunshine and flowers...it is 30 degrees here again, today!! Snow is in the forecast, and it is MARCH! Mother Nature must be PMSing again...ARRGH!~
Enough whining...
Lastnight I came across a card I made MANY years ago...it was a flower pot! It was TOO big for any envelopes I had, so I just kept it cuz I liked it. Well, I decided to make a template for a flower pot card that would fit in a standard invitation envelope, and this is the result. SUPER easy, and kind cute, and can be for ANY occasion!
I did this in 3 pieces...the topper, which is cut on the fold, and the pot ( cut 2) and adhered to the topper. I wanted to use this pretty paper I got at Hobby Lobby by The Paper Studio, so I hunted through my stamps for something that I thought co-ordinated and found this from the retired SU set, You Are My Sunshine. Colored the flowers and pots in the colors of the PP and put it all together. The sentiment is from TAC's Tag Tid Bits.
This next card is one of many failed cards for the Peach and Mint swap. LOL I kept THIS one because my Mom asked m to send her some cards that she can send to some of her friends. She just wants to write little notes to let them know she is thinking of them. Mom told me she has several friends who are battling cancer, and some are terminal, and sending a Get Well card just wouldn't be right. So this will qualify as a note card, don't ya think. It was very quick to put together...I can reproduce these as needed.
Well, that's it for now...more tomorrow. I am gonna play with my Camera some tomorrow, too. I have gotten great pictures for people and objects with it, so I have to figure out how to get great pictures of cards with it!! This scanner just doesn't do these colors any justice!! Have a great rest of your evening...
Rubber Hugs,
Julie

2 comments:

Sally said...

great cards!

Heather P. said...

These are fantastic! Love 'em both! :)